THE CITY OF LOCKPORT
Mayor Dev Trivedi, Lockport's elected officials and the City's professional staff members welcome you to the City of Lockport's official website. This northern Illinois locale was established in 1830 and is home to nearly 25,000 residents. Steeped in the rich canal heritage of the 1800's, Lockport is a delightful mix of quaint history and modern charm. Lockport is situated 35 miles southwest of Chicago and 5 miles north of Joliet, and is easily accessible via Interstate Highways 355, 80, and 55. Also, Lockport's Historic District is part of the 120-mile long Illinois & Michigan Canal National Heritage Corridor.
The City of Lockport is governed by a mayor and an eight-member city council. We also have a City Clerk and a Treasurer.
CITY HALL AT CENTRAL SQUARE
222 East 9th Street
The building that currently houses the City of Lockport (2nd Floor) and Lockport Township (3rd Floor) was built as a public school. When the student population outgrew this historic limestone building, the building was converted into offices. The Lockport Park District also uses facilities in this building.
City Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, unless otherwise noted, at 7:00 pm, in the third floor boardroom. Meetings are open to the public and are televised on local cable access.
BUILDING, ZONING, AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
921 South State Street
The original City Hall for Lockport and the original home of the city's police department. Today, the Community Development Building (as it is now known) is home to the Building and Planning department and the Lockport Chamber of Commerce.
PUBLIC WORKS AND ENGINEERING
LOCKPORT POLICE DEPARTMENT