Public Works

The Public Works Department operates all of the City's public facilities and maintains public infrastructure. The department provides services and equipment that is required in order to successfully achieve the optimum level of benefits to the citizens of Lockport to assure a comfortable and confident lifestyle through these provided services and facilities.

Water Main Breaks

Please report water leaks or main breaks to City Hall by calling (815) 838-0549, option 3. For emergencies after hours, please call WESCOM at (815) 838-2131.

Discolored Water

Due to pressure fluctuations in the system, you may experience some discolored water. The sediment in the mains causes this to occur. In the early spring, the mains will be flushed to remove the accumulated sediment. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. It will take a few hours for the system to settle. Please contact the Water Department if the problem persists for more than a day.


Sump Pump Connection Permit (PDF)
Prevailing Rate of Wage Ordinance (PDF)