Welcome to the City of Lockport City Clerks website.The City Clerks Office is the official keeper of the City records and maintains all official City records. The City Clerks Office operates as the City of Lockport’s public information resource center serving the community, residents, and all municipal departments within the City.
The City Clerk’s Office is responsible for providing the following services:
- Prepares and maintains the City of Lockport City Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes.
- Publish/Post City Meeting Notices, Special City Meeting Notices.
- Maintains City Commissions. Committee Agendas and Minutes
- Publishes the adoption of City Ordinances online with American Legal Publishing Company.
- Processes Freedom of Information Requests, serves as the Freedom of Information Officer for the City
- Maintains all City records including Ordinances, Resolutions, the
City Codes, Contracts, Agreements, and other pertinent documents.
- Provides Voter Registration Service.
- Issues Outdoor Special Events & Block Party Permits, Tag Day and Street Solicitation Permits, Amusement/Automatic Amusement Device License, Exhibition/Carnival License, Food and Beverage (Vending Machine) Dealer License, Food Dispensing Vehicles or Carts License, and Ice Cream Truck License
- Issues Liquor Licenses, Special Event Liquor Licenses, Raffle & Chance Licenses, Video Gaming Machine Licenses, and Tobacco/Vaping Licenses
- Offers for sale Historic Lockport Postcards
AMENDED APRIL 4, 2023 CONSOLIDATED GENERAL ELECTION
Notice is hereby given that the first day to circulate petitions for one (1) Alderperson for each of the four (4) Wards for four (4)-year terms, specifically in Ward 1, Ward 2, Ward 3, and Ward 4, and one (1) Alderperson for the unexpired two (2)-year term in Ward 2 for the vacancy of office due to death, of the City of Lockport for the April 4, 2023 Consolidated General Election is Tuesday, September 20, 2022.
Please note for Ward 2 please indicate in both the nominating petition and the statement of candidacy for which office the candidate is seeking either for 4-year term or 2-year term due to vacancy.
List of all Offices to be voted upon at the Consolidated General Election which will be held on April 4, 2023 are as follows:
Alderman/Alderwoman (1 seat) First Ward Four Year Term Alderman/Alderwoman (1 seat) Second Ward Four Year Term
Alderman/Alderwoman (1 seat) Second Ward Two Year Term
Alderman/Alderwoman (1 seat) Third Ward Four Year Term Alderman/Alderwoman (1 seat) Fourth Ward Four Year Term
Description of Liquor Classifications & Annual Fees
Bar & Packaged Goods - Class A-1 $1,750.00
Bar & Packaged Good & Entertainment - Class A-2 $1,750.00
Bar - Class B-1 $1,000.00
Bar & Entertainment - Class B-2 $1,250.00
Restaurant - Class C-1 $1,000.00
Restaurant & Entertainment - Class C-2 $1,250.00
Social/Fraternal Club - Class D-1 $400.00 - No Entertainment
Social/Fraternal Club - Class D-2 $400.00 - Entertainment
Packaged Good Only - Class E $1,500.00
Special Events (Charitable) - Class F $31.25/per day
Wine Only - Class G-1 $1,000.00
Wine & Entertainment - Class G-2 $1,250.00
Health Spa's - Class G-3 $200.00
Tasting and/or Sampling Privilege - Class H $300.00
Specialty or Pharmacy Stores - Class H-1 $750.00
Super Market Sales - Class H-2 $1,500.00
Restaurant Beer and Wine - Class J-1 $1,000.00
Restaurant Beer, Wine, & Entertainment - Class J-2 $1,250.00
Rental Hall & Entertainment - Class K-1 $1,000.00
Hotel & Entertainment - Class K-2 $1,500.00
Brew Pub - Class L-1 $1,250.00
Craft Brewery - Class L-2 $1,000.00
Craft Distillery - Class L-3 $1,000.00
Events on Publicly owned Property - Class M $1,000.00
Licensed Truck Stop - Class N $1,500.00
Outdoor Patio - $125.00
Supplemental License Class 1 (Packaged Sale of Craft Beer and Wine) for off-site consumption for Class C-2 Licenses - $200.00.
The combined Total of Class A-1, A-2, B-1 & B-2 Licenses shall not exceed six (6).
The combined Total of Class A-2 License shall not exceed one (1).
The combined Total of Class C-1 & C-2 Licenses shall not exceed twenty-two (22).
The combined Total of Class D-1 & D-2 Licenses shall not exceed three (3).
The combined Total of Class E License shall not exceed three (3).
The combined Total of Class G-1 & G-2 Licenses shall not exceed one (1).
The combined Total of Class G-3 License shall not exceed one (1).
The combined Total of Class H-1 License shall not exceed two (2).
The combined Total of Class H-2 License shall not exceed four (4).
The combined Total of Class J-1 & J-2 Licenses shall not exceed three (3).
The combined Total of Class K-1 & K-2 Licenses shall not exceed two (2).
The combined Total of Class L-1, L-2, and L-3 Licenses shall not exceed two (2).
The combined Total of Class M License shall not exceed one (1).
The combined Total of Class N License shall not exceed two (2).
***Please contact Sonni Williams, City Attorney, at 815-838-0549 ext. 2142 with questions on the availability of obtaining a City of Lockport Liquor License.
Special Event Retailer's Liquor License and Special Use Permit Liquor License
It shall be unlawful to sell or offer for sale in the City any alcoholic liquor without having a license or in violation of the terms of such license.
The Special Event Retailer's Liquor License (Not-for-Profit) application form is to be used only for special events conducted by an educational, fraternal, political, civic, religious, or not-for-profit organization. The application can be found on the Illinois Liquor Control Commission website at www.illinois.gov/ilcc.
The Special Use Permit Liquor License application form shall allow an Illinois-licensed liquor retailer to transfer a portion of its alcoholic liquor inventory from its licensed retail premises to a designate site for a Special Event. Applicant must already hold a State of Illinois Retail Liquor License. The application can be found on the Illinois Liquor Control Commission website at www.illinois.gov/ilcc.
Return the completed application along with the Certificate of Insurance, and the City fee of $31.25 per day to the City Clerk's Office to obtain your City of Lockport's Special Event Liquor License. Check is made payable to the City of Lockport. You will need to name the City of Lockport as "additional insured." The amount of insurance should be $1,000,000. Please contact the Clerk's Office with any questions or concerns.
In order to conduct a Raffle in the City of Lockport, a Raffle License Application can be obtained through the City Clerk's Office. A license shall be issued only to bona fide religious, charitable, labor, business, fraternal, education, or veterans' organizations that operate without profit to their Members and which have been in existence continuously for a period of five (5) years immediately before making application for the license. All Raffle licenses shall be classified based upon the aggregate retail value of all prizes to be awarded and are required to pay a license fee: Class A License- Less than $5,000.00 is automatically licensed without the necessity of an application and there isn't a fee. Class B License - $5,000.00 or greater an application needs to be submitted to the Clerk's Office along with the fee of $25.00.
Fidelity Bond: All operations of and the conduct of Class B Raffles as provided for in this subchapter shall be under the supervision of a single Manager designated by the organization. Such Manager shall give a fidelity bond in the sum of $5,000.00 or two times the aggregate value of prizes, whichever is less, in favor of the Licensee conditioned upon his honesty in the performance of his duties. The bond shall provide that notice shall be given in writing to the City of Lockport not less than thirty (30) days prior to cancellation. Bonds as provided for in this Section may be waived by the City of Lockport by the inclusion of a waiver provision in the License provided that a License containing such a waiver provision shall be granted only by unanimous vote of the Members of the licensed organization. Any questions please contact the Clerk's Office.
Tag Day & Street Solicitation Permit
No Tag Day or Street Solicitation may be conducted without first obtaining a
Tag Day and/or Street Solicitation permit through the City Clerk's Office.
Tag days may be conducted subject to the following regulations:
(1) Tag day permits shall only be issued to charitable organizations.
(2) Not more than one tag day permit may be issued for any given day,
except in the month of December, where two permits may be
issued for any given day.
(3) A tag day permit shall be valid for not more than seven days.
(4) An organization may not be issued more than two tag day permits
in a calendar year.
(5)(a) Tag day permits may be requested no earlier than 8:30 a.m. on
the first Monday of June of the preceding year for which the
applicant is applying.
(b) In the case where applicants who are requesting the same
time period are present at the City Clerk's office at 8:30 a.m.
on the first Monday in June, a lottery will determine the
(6) If multiple organizations requested to conduct tag days on the same
day, preference shall be given to the applicant first applying for the
(7) No tag day may be conducted without first having obtained a tag
Applications for Licenses/Permits & FOIA:
- Freedom of Information Request Form - Non-Commercial (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Request Form - Commercial (PDF)
- Procedures for Requesting Public Records (PDF)
- Tag Day & Street Solicitation Application (PDF)
- Amusements, Automatic Amusement Devices, Exhibitions/Carnival, Food & Beverage (Vending Machine) Dealers Application
- Raffle Application
- Outdoor Special Event & Block Party Application
- Tobacco/Vape Shops License Application
- Food Dispensing Vehicle License Application
- Pop-Up Tent Food Vendors Application (PDF)
Voter registration is available at the City Clerk's Office Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, or at the voter registration locations (PDF). To be eligible to register to vote, a person must:
Be a United States citizen
Be 18 years of age or older on or before the next election
- Be a Resident at your current Will County address for 30 days immediately prior to the next election; you must bring with you at least two (2) forms of identification that show current name, and address (i.e. piece of mail postmarked within the past thirty (30) days which has been addressed and delivered to you, Driver's License, State ID, Student ID, Employee ID, Library Card, Utility Bill, Checkbook)
Lockport residents who are registered to vote in Will County can view their voter information on the (under Voter Services, then Voter Look Up). After entering your information, select "My Elected Officials" under the "Voter Links" heading. Will County Directory is a good source of information to find Election information, National Officials, State Officials, Will County Government Officials, Municipal Government Officials, Township Officials, and much more.
The City Clerk's Office, Water, Building, and Public Works Departments all offer free Notary Service. The Notary is a witness to your signature. You must sign the document in front of a Notary. City employees are unable to serve as Witnesses. Bring proof of identification and the unsigned document to City Hall, 2nd floor, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.